Friday, November 29, 2013

Babies on the Brain, Babies in the Belly

*I found this draft when revisiting my long, lost blog...It was written in August 2012.  Out of order time wise, but hey it gives a clue to what has occurred since 2011...

It's been more than a year since I've posted on this blog of inconsequential thoughts and happenings in my life. I did briefly, for a time, 9 months to be exact, evade my mother and her constant haranging to have children. This is because and in fact, my younger sister saved me.  You see, my sister is actually in labor as I type this barrage of recent events.  As it so happens, my sister's pregnancy, her baby bump, bun in the oven, being in the family, on a stork watch has all distracted my mother quite nicely for almost the entire course of the last three semesters of my 2nd year of graduate school.  My mother even said to me once over the phone that it was ok if I didn't want to have kids, its not for everyone and some people just like to study and work. Finally, admittance that one can be perfectly content being a book worm, married, as well as occupy a space with one, large (finniky, anxious, and maniac) dog. Not only have I been able to enjoy the peace of silence on the talk of getting myself knocked up with or without my husband's approval or assistance, I have been able to delight in the upcoming joy of once again being the world's best Auntie. I do enjoy being an Aunt. Spoiling the little shits rotten, and then being able to release the hounds back to their rightful owners!

I suppose I am in fact recounting some events here at this time of my sister's labor, because I am nervous for her. I'm having a hard time with thinking about her giving birth, I can't even imagine what or how she is feeling right now. She has reached the 24 hour mark about an hour and a half ago, after being induced due to passing her due date, as well as low fluids in the womb. My mother is of course here, and has been harassing me to drive her to the hospital since yesterday. But my duty here is to keep my mother occupied and far away from the hospital.  Its not so much that my mom isn't allowed there at the time of the labor, its more that her anxiety and worry makes us all experience increased anxiety and worry including a pregnant lady who is currently trying to "evict" her offspring. Ok and lets face it, my mother can be a bit of tyrant. Ok there, I said it.

Anyway, the whole purpose of spewing my thoughts forth here is to basically describe how much I have enjoyed 9 months of freedom from harassment to bear heirs and pass on the lineage. At this point I don't know what the lineage is, me being of Vietnamese and Dutch origin and my husband being a mix of lord knows what European decent. If I am a half-breed to crudely put it, that would make our children some awful mix of mutt. A smattering of yellow, white, big, tall, petite and small.



No comments:

Post a Comment